You are here
Presidency Group travels to Malta to meet Government Ministers ahead of Council Presidency
A delegation from the AmCham EU Presidency Group travelled to Malta this week for a series of high-level meetings with Government Ministers.
Meetings took place with:
- Prime Minister Hon. Joseph Muscat;
- Deputy Prime Minister Hon. Louis Grech;
- Parliamentary Secretary for EU funds and 2017 Presidency Hon. Ian Borg;
- Minister for Sustainable Development, the Environment and Climate Change Hon. Jose Herrera;
- Minister for Finance Hon. Edward Scicluna;
- Minister for the Economy, Investment and Small Business Hon. Chris Cardona;
- Minister for Competitiveness and Digital, Maritime and Services Economy Hon. Emmanuel Mallia;
- Minister for Health Hon. Chris Fearne; and
- Minister for Social Dialogue, Consumer Affairs and Civil Liberties Hon. Helena Dalli.
The US Ambassador to Malta, G. Kathleen Hill, kindly hosted a reception at her private residence where the delegation had the opportunity to meet with local industry representatives. The Malta Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise and Industry also hosted a luncheon in the historic setting of La Borsa in Valletta centre.
For further information please contact Marykate Collins in the secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)