You are here
Policy Adviser (Trade and Transatlantic)
AmCham EU speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe. AmCham EU facilitates the resolution of transatlantic issues that impact business and plays a role in creating better understanding of EU and US positions on business matters. Aggregate US investment in Europe totalled more than €2 trillion in 2018, directly supports more than 4.8 million jobs in Europe, and generates billions of euros annually in income, trade and research and development.
Job Description: Responsible for the day-to-day organisation of AmCham EU committees, each comprising business professionals representing companies of American committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. The Policy Adviser, focused on trade and transatlantic matters and broader international policies, acts as a focal point for all related committee activities. He/she will report directly to the Policy Director and will also require close coordination with our CEO.
• Develop close relationships with key EU and US officials and stakeholders;
• Oversee the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials;
• Works collaboratively with our Press and Communications team;
• Organise activities including meetings, conferences, seminars and visits;
• Research and disseminate information on key EU-US issues for the membership; and
• Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters.
• Excellent understanding of trade and transatlantic relations;
• Work experience and proven interest in European and international affairs;
• University degree in European affairs, trade, politics, foreign affairs and/or international relations;
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and diplomacy; Work well in a dynamic team;
• Strong organisational and administrative skills; Computer literacy (particularly Word and CRM);
• Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
Languages: Fluent English (both written and spoken); another EU language an advantage
Start date: April 2019
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with POLICY ADVISER in subject
Deadline for applications: Friday 15 March 2019 COB
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.