You are here
Policy Adviser (Digital & Intellectual Property)
AmCham EU speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe. AmCham EU facilitates the resolution of transatlantic issues that impact business and plays a role in creating better understanding of EU and US positions on business matters. Aggregate US investment in Europe totalled more than €3.4 trillion in 2021, directly supports more than 4.9 million jobs in Europe, and generates billions of euros annually in income, trade and research and development.
The Policy Adviser is responsible for the day-to-day management of AmCham EU committees, which bring together business professionals from our member companies. He/she is focused on digital & intellectual property policy matters, acts as a focal point for all related strategy and advocacy activities. Reports directly to the Policy Director and works in close coordination with the team.
- Develop close relationships with key EU and US officials and stakeholders;
- Oversee the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials;
- Work collaboratively with Content, Communications and Operations teams;
- Organise activities including meetings, conferences, seminars and visits;
- Research and disseminate information on focus areas for the membership; and
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters.
- Excellent understanding of digital and intellectual property;
- Work experience and proven interest in European and international affairs;
- Strategic foresight and highly developed networking skills;
- University degree in European affairs, trade, politics, foreign affairs and/or international relations;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Work well in a dynamic team;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Computer literacy (particularly Word and CRM);
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
Languages: Fluent English (both written and spoken); another EU language an advantage
Start date: September 2022.
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with POLICY ADVISER (DEC & IP) in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 8 July 2022
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.