You are here
External Relations Adviser
AmCham EU is seeking a motivated self-starter to be responsible for planning and organising delegation visits and outreach activities. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Outreach, the position requires a team player with exceptional organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure. He/she will be responsible for high-level outreach strategy with focus on European institutions. He/she will be responsible for channel-driven committees focused on specific targets (for example, Executive Council), and delivery of all policy messages via these channels.
- Builds and maintains a solid relationship with our group of European CEOs – coordination of advocacy efforts and policy knowledge sharing;
- Builds and maintains a strong network of contacts with a focus on European institutions (European Parliament, ….) – coordination of high-level strategy;
- Organises delegation visits with our member companies in Brussels and to EU countries;
- Works across teams and with members to coordinate plans related to outreach activities;
- Oversees database accuracy.
- Knowledge/experience in dealing with European institutions (in particular the European Parliament)
- Project management, problem-solving skills and stress resilient;
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Strategic thinker;
- Experience in engaging with senior executives is an asset;
- Diplomatic and outgoing personality.
Languages: Fluent English / Start date: November 2018 (preferably)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to email@example.com with EXTERNAL RELATIONS ADVISER in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 2 November 2018
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.