You are here
AmCham EU, COCIR and MedTech Europe exchange views on medical devices
On Friday, 19 February 2016 AmCham EU hosted a joint association briefing in collaboration with COCIR and MedTech Europe on ‘Medical Devices: Perspectives on the EU Negotiations’. The breakfast was well attended, including several MEP assistants and healthcare attachés from different permanent representations to the EU.
AmCham EU began the briefing by outlining its healthcare-related priorities for 2015-2019, and providing introductions to medical devices in Europe, the medical devices industry footprint in Europe, and on a few issues such as clinical evidences and nanomaterials. Presentations were then given by COCIR and MedTech Europe on their positions in relation to the key remaining issues in the medical devices and in vitro diagnostics regulations and their recommendations.
The briefing was followed by a short networking reception.
See pictures of the event here.
You can also find the relevant position papers and presentations from the three organisations below:
- Welcome remarks
- Medical devices and in-vitro diagnostics: A general introduction to medical devices in the EU
- Position on the revision of the medical devices and in vitro diagnostics regulatory framework
- EU revision of medical device and in vitro diagnostic medical device directives
- Eucomed's position ahead of the trilogue on the medical devices regulation
- EDMA's position on the proposed regulation on in vitro diagnostic medical devices