You are here
Agriculture & Food
The Agriculture and Food Committee identifies and provides representation at the European level on issues which have an agriculture and food (agro-food) perspective including the Farm to Fork Strategy. It seeks to influence key EU decision-makers to ensure that legislation is created and implemented fairly and adopts a collaborative approach between authorities, civil society, academics and the private sector.
- Drive the technological revolution in the agri-food sector and promote the role of science.
- Advocate for more sustainable farming and agriculture in the EU.
- Ensure the coherence of the EU food and nutrition policy and build more sustainable food systems.
- Contribute to the objectives of the European Green Deal and Farm to Fork Strategy.
- Emphasise the importance of EU policy on agriculture and trade.
- Food retailers
- Seed breeders
- Animal health supplies and products
- Agricultural products