You are here
Events Manager (7 months maternity cover)
AmCham EU is seeking a motivated self-starter for a 7 months maternity cover to be responsible for the strategy, planning & organization of the (hybrid) events and managing the overall day-to-day events activity of AmCham EU. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Outreach, the position requires a team player with exceptional organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
- Responsible for event organisation of all major (hybrid/online/in person) conferences, seminars & events including AmCham EU’s 60th Anniversary year;
- Creates & implements overall AmCham EU events strategy and budget;
- Manages, coordinates efforts, and plans events; ensures events meet strategic & tactical needs of organisation;
- Benchmarks AEU events with other stakeholders/competitors;
- Builds & maintains relationships with suppliers, stakeholders;
- Develops overall communication and marketing plan and publicizes events internally and externally;
- Work closely with the Events Coordinator and the Operations team.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- Proactive and ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously;
- Schedule flexibility in supporting events (e.g. breakfasts, evening receptions);
- Project management, problem-solving skills and stress resilient;
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Excellent IT skills / Knowledge of CRM and Groupmail is a plus.
Languages: Fluent English and French. Dutch is a plus
Start date: Monday, 12 September 2022 (preferably) to Wednesday, 12 April 2023 (7 months contract)
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with EVENTS MANAGER in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 10 June 2022.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.
AmCham EU is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AmCham EU are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and merits, without regard to race, ethnicity, colour, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.
AmCham EU speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe. AmCham EU facilitates the resolution of transatlantic issues that impact business and plays a role in creating better understanding of EU and US positions on business matters. Aggregate US investment in Europe totalled more than €3.4 trillion in 2021, directly supports more than 4.9 million jobs in Europe, and generates billions of euros annually in income, trade and research and development.