You are here
Ready, set, go: here comes President Biden
With President Biden heading to Europe for a highly anticipated EU-US summit on Tuesday, 15 June, now is the time for both sides of the Atlantic to seize the renewed optimism and positive momentum to advance and deepen the transatlantic relationship. As the voice for American businesses in Europe, AmCham EU has a packed agenda around the summit:
- ExCo statement: The Executive Council has released a statement calling on transatlantic leaders to outline a new vision for the EU-US relationship. Please find the statement here.
- Joint-association statement: Together with 19 other AmChams and sectoral associations, AmCham EU has released a statement outlining a three-pronged agenda, focused on reducing barriers to trade; ensuring both sides of the Atlantic come out of the pandemic with stronger, more resilient economies; and seeking new areas for convergence and leadership. Please find the statement here.
- Social media campaign: In the build-up to the EU-US summit, AmCham EU has been active on Twitter and LinkedIn to promote its messaging on the future of the transatlantic relationship and on emerging areas for EU-US cooperation.
- Video message: Zeger Vercouteren (J&J), Chair, AmCham EU has released a video message on the transatlantic relationship and the expectations for the EU-US summit. The video can be found on Twitter or on LinkedIn.
- Gearing up for the EU-US summit: Transatlantic business perspectives: AmCham EU, in cooperation with the US Chamber of Commerce and BusinessEurope, is hosting a virtual event on Monday, 14 June from 14.30 – 15.30 (CET). The event will provide a unique conversation on what role transatlantic businesses can play in helping the EU and US build back better. Please register here.
In the sidelines of the summit, the leadership of AmCham EU will also engage with representatives of the US government and deliver key messages on behalf of American companies in Europe. More information to follow.