You are here
AmCham EU secretariat heads to Strasbourg during European Parliament Plenary session
On Tuesday, 11 February 2020, Susan Danger, CEO, Roger Coelho, Senior Policy Director and Roberta Brumana, Senior External Relations Adviser, headed to Strasbourg during the European Parliament Plenary session.
AmCham EU met with several new MEPs, including:
- Evangelos-Vasileios Meimarakis, MEP (EPP, EL), EPP Group’s Vice-Chair and Head of EPP Greek National Delegation;
- Arba Kokalari, MEP (EPP, SE);
- Katalin Cseh, MEP (RE, HU), Renew Group’s Vice-Chair; and
- Dan-Flaviu Nechita, APA Dracos Turodache (RE, RO).
AmCham EU also had a lunch meeting with the Bureau of EP Delegation for the Relations with the US and Secretariat, including:
- Chairman Radosław Sikorski, MEP (EPP, PL);
- Vice-Chair Nicolae Ștefănuță, MEP (RE, RO);
- Adam Isaacs, Head of the European Parliament's Transatlantic Relations and G8 Unit, Directorate-General for External Policies of the Union; and
- Maria Mercedes Rodriguez Sarro, Desk Officer United States, Transatlantic Relations and G8 Unit, Directorate-General for External Policies of the Union.
These meetings continued the conversations started in November 2019 when a delegation of 65 AmCham EU members visited Strasbourg to exchange views with more than 100 MEPs from across the political spectrum. This visit strengthened those ties further as well as built new connections with MEPs from Sweden, Romania, Poland, Hungary and Greece. AmCham EU continues to be a bridge-builder and policy-driver, facilitating dialogue between business and Parliament and encouraging legislators from both sides of the Atlantic to come together and cooperate.